This is where you’ll find the latest information about what is coming to the channel. There are hints on new videos and guides or important milestones that may show as well. SocialBlade stats can be found here. See below for the latest I have to offer! – Jon
- 2021-10-17 – If you’re interested in a Touchscreen for your Raspberry Pi 4 (or 3), the EVICIV all-in-one display is worth considering. With this device, not only can you use it with your Raspberry Pi, but it also supports the ability to connect other devices via HDMI / USB-C such as a PC, Phone, Gaming consoles/devices, etc.
- 2021-10-16 – The X18S that was ordered has arrived, I’ve started a guide for it here. This is a work-in-progress.
- 2021-10-15 – If you’re not sure how to backup/restore an image from an SSD/microSD or thumb drive, please see the new Common Tasks Guide. This guide will step you through how it’s done.
- 2021-10-14 – Here’s something pretty interesting, an Atari 2600 fitted with a Raspberry Pi and camera for Gesture Control! Check out Eran Felt’s video here.
- 2021-10-13 – Some interesting things coming to the channel very soon. I do have a Powkiddy X18S which is somewhere between China and the USA. No idea when it will arrive, but it’s in-route. There are some new guides in-development. A new modder-type product that is not publicly available for the ALU which I’ll be showing shortly after it arrives. A Pi4 touch screen that, so far, I’m enjoying testing out. Also going to be starting a new guide for something handheld enthusiast may really enjoy (or at least a start to the guide). So yes, lots of irons in the fire this month. You won’t want to miss what’s coming.
- 2021-10-10 – Today we’ll check out the latest device from Anbernic, the RG351MP. This device sports a 640×480 display in a landscape form factor.
- 2021-10-10 – I use the Filmora for most of my most recent videos. It has been a great package up until, today. I updated to the most recent version while mid-way through a new video. It didn’t go well at all. Lots of issues. If you encounter the same, you can find the previous installer located at : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Wondershare (this file worked best for me:filmora_64bit_10.5.10_full846.exe ). If you use this software and run into this issue, I hope the above will help.
- 2021-10-06– I have fond memories playing both 1942 and 1943: The Battle of Midway in arcades and my local Wal-Mart back in the mid 1980’s. New Wave Toys has released a miniature version of this cabinet and I’m pleased to be able to review it. You can check out my review of the 1942 X Replicade here.
- 2021-10-04 – Lots of interesting Tech coming to the channel in October. New Retro Gaming handhelds, a new Raspberry Pi 4 case which includes a display has arrived for review +more in-route to the studio. The much hyped Powkiddy X18S may arrive this month, we’ll have to wait and see. A new guide (or two) may be available/completed towards the end of the month. Depending on how things go, a DIY surprise may show up on the channel/website this or early next month. October is shaping up to be a a fun month, hopefully nothing too scary! Subscribe and ring the bell if you want to be notified when new videos are released. Until then, lots of exciting content is already available – check out the menus above or explore below.
- 2021-09-28 – I purchased the AtGames Legends Gamer Mini about a month ago. It was honestly an impulse buy, I wanted some way of capturing video to help make creating new guides a little easier. Little did I know, I would wind up really enjoying this machine. I had no plans to create a guide for it, but the more I used it the more I realized users could benefit from it. Not that it’s difficult, but there are a number of ways you can use this machine. You can check out my review video or the Legends Gamer Mini Guide. Overall, very impressed with unit!
- 2021-09-22 – Created a new Common Tasks Guide. This guide currently will assist with making a backup copy of a microSD card, thumb drive, SSD, M.2, etc., restoring it to a new drive and expanding the file system. More content will be added to this guide for common operations as they are identified.
- 2021-09-19 – Installing Windows to a Raspberry Pi is not entirely new, however the new WoR Flasher makes the process very easy. This utility will allow installing Windows 10 or 11. Best of all, it can be done entirely on a Raspberry Pi 4/400. Check it out here.
- 2021-09-12 – A new accessory is coming for GRS-brand spinners the GRS Arcade Steering wheel which can also be used with a 3D printed adapter kit on the ALU v1.1. Check it out here.
- 2021-09-05 – The DeskPi Pro (V2) case for the Raspberry Pi 4 is impressive. It allows direct access to the microSD card, x2 USB ports (front facing), M.2/2.5″ SSD support, dual full-size HDMI ports and more. Check it out!
- 2021-08-29 – Today we’ll check out a new handheld from Anbernic known as the RG 300X. This device has a Game Boy Micro look, but the underlying technology is a bit dated. Let’s talk about it here.
- 2021-08-28 – AtGames National Owner’s Day is coming soon, are you ready?
- 2021-08-22 – Today we’ll check out the BitPixel LED Marquee from AtGames. This impressive accessory will display a pixelated marquee for the currently selected game either built-in or via CoinOpsX. Let’s check it out!
- 2021-08-15 – Added a new guide and video for the AtGames Legends Ultimate! Both were developed to provide more information and exciting options available for this infinitely expandable Home Arcade machine.
- 2021-08-08 – In this video, we’ll check out the new Super Console X Cube. A Retro Gaming console with 50k games pre-installed. But, is it a step up from prior versions? Let’s talk about it.
- 2021-08-07 – All I can say is Wow! So many new things to cover in the next couple weeks and they all arrived this past week. x2 new handhelds for review, x1 Arcade machine (yes, full size!), x1 gaming console and more on the way. It’s all so much fun but a bit overwhelming at the same time. May be a slow start this month in terms of videos, but a lot of work is in-progress. Including an entirely new/detailed guide for one of these devices. I don’t rush a video just to make a video, I prefer to spend a week (or more) with each to make sure the reviews are correct and with content you’ll want to know. Stay tuned, you’re going to really love what’s coming!
- 2021-07-30 – If you’re interested in setting up a PC connected to your AtGames Legends Pinball (ALP) to play Visual Pinball (VPX) or Future Pinball Tables (FP), check out the video guide here.
- 2021-07-23 – After numerous hours of work, research and testing a new guide has been added, ALP PinUP Popper (PUP) Baller Installer Setup. This guide will assist you with setting up a PC connected to your ALP to play Visual Pinball X, Future Pinball, how to add tables and more.
- 2021-07-16 – Let’s take a look at the review that honestly almost didn’t happen. The device is the PowKiddy V90, had some initial issues with the MAME emulator but resolved with a new Custom Firmware. I’ll show you how to install it and get everything up and running on the most recent build. Check it out here.
- 2021-07-09 – AtGames has now released an exclusive set of new TAITO Volume 1 pinball tables. Check out the game-play here. Tables include: Rastan Saga, Darius, Front Line and the impressive Space Invaders!
- 2021-07-02 – Added a video on the VIBS Switch Mount for the Legends Pinball. If you want to avoid drilling a hole in the ALP cabinet, this may be a good solution for you.
- 2021-06-25 – Looking to get into Virtual Pinball? Perhaps you’ve been considering a pinball machine but want to be able to play all those awesome Zen Studio FX3 tables? Well, you can with the AtGames Legends Pinball. In this video, I’ll show you how.
- 2021-06-20 – If you’re interested in the AtGames Legends Pinball (i.e. a commercially available Virtual Pinball machine), then I have a few Guides that you may like. More are on the way, but this should help you get started playing some PC-based pinball games on your AtGames Legends Pinball (ALP) machine:
- 2021-06-19 – Added an excellent community contribution by Blind Freddy on how to Create a Multi Boot SD card (or SSD) out of 2 existing OSes using PINN for the CrowPi2. If you own a CrowPi2, his document will guide you through the process of setting up a multi-boot microSD/SSD for use with the CrowPi2.
- 2021-06-18 – Today we’ll take a look a the The Premium Deluxe Audio Strap for the Oculus Quest 2. This strap includes improved headphones, a folding design, additional comfort/padding and is easy to resize.
- 2021-06-10 – If you’ve wanted to try lightgun games on a Raspberry Pi4, Recalbox makes it super easy. It searches through your games and finds those that are lightgun-enabled and places them in their own category. It also maps all your buttons automatically. In this video, we’ll check out this new feature using a Mayflash Dolphin bar and a Wii Remote.
- 2021-06-04 – Some might say the best Retro Gaming Handheld is the one you have with you; not the one you left at home. Let’s talk about the smallest handheld, the FunKey S.
- 2021-05-28 – While it may look like a Fire TV Stick, this device comes packed with over 50k games! Just plug it into an available HDMI port, the dongle and turn on the controller and you’ll be playing games right away. But, how do they play? Check it out here.
- 2021-05-21 – Retroflag has released Grey and Gold cartridge shells for their popular NESPi 4 case. In addition to the shell, it also includes a sleeve and cable to easily connect it over USB 3.0 to your computer. Check it out here.
- 2021-05-16 – AtGames is releasing a new set of Zaccaria Pinball tables, however this release is a bit different than prior volumes. In this one, you’ll see animated characters, impressive backglass animations and lighting. Check it out here.
- 2021-05-15 – Exciting news from AtGames regarding the AtGames Legends Pinball. Check out the details here.
- 2021-05-07 – Recently received the Arcade Control Panel for the AtGames Legends Pinball. To learn more about it and see it in action, click here.
- 2021-05-01 – If you want an easy way to add a lot of Raspberry Pi operating systems to a microSD or SSD, PINN Lite might be what you’re looking for. In this video, we’ll install a bunch of OSes and briefly look at a few of them.
- 2021-04-29 – AtGames is offering a promotion if you want to pick up 1 (or more) Zaccaria Volumes at a great price – $15 off each volume, or save $65 on all 4 volumes. This promotion will run from April 29 – May 2 (Thursday, 6AM PT to Sunday, 9PM PT) on their E-Store.
- 2021-04-23 – The Argon IR Remote for the Argon One V2 / M.2 cases is a mixed bag. If you plan to use it with LibreElec/Kodi, it works well. However, if you only plan to use it with PiOS-based operating systems (PiOS or TwisterOS) it’s quite limited. Check it out here..
- 2021-04-16 – Playing vertical MAME Games on the Legends Pinball is so much fun! Here’s how to set it up.
- 2021-04-07 – I’m thrilled to be able to show you the new AtGames Legends Pinball machine. If you love pinball, this might just be for you! Check it out on the new AtGames Legends Pinball page.
- 2021-04-01 – Taking a brief spring-break vacation, but I’ve received the amazing item mentioned on 3/21. It’s going to be so much fun to show you this new machine!
- 2021-03-26 – Today we’ll take a look at the Super Console X Retro Gaming console. This unit comes with everything you need to hook it up to your TV/Monitor to begin playing games. Let’s check it out here.
- 2021-03-21 – Yesterday I ordered something to review on the channel which is unlike anything I’ve ever reviewed before. It should arrive sometime late this week. I don’t want to ruin the surprise just yet, it’s going to take some time to assemble and get familiar with it. It is one of the most hard-to-find items right now, costs more than $500 but less than $1000 USD. I think it’s something many are going to get excited about, stay tuned…
- 2021-03-18 – Today we’ll take a look at the new RG351V, the vertical wood-grain variant which sports a 640×480 (4:3 aspect) display. Check out the review video here.
- 2021-03-13 – Here is an update video on some new things I’ve tried, viewers have taught me and may save you some time, money or make things easier.
- 2021-03-05 – I’ve recently purchased an ODROID-Go Super. This device has a nice 5″ display but what Retro Gaming system worked out best took some time to figure out. I tried 3 until I found one I was happy with. More information may be found at the ODROID-Go Super Guide here.
- 2021-02-23 – Updated the Argon ONE Guide page to include new information and video for the Argon ONE M.2 SSD Case (v2). The new video may be found here.
- 2021-02-18 – If you enjoy running multiple operating systems on your Raspberry Pi 4 or 400, you’ll know how hard it is to keep up with all those little microSD cards. One solution to that problem is BerryBoot, let’s check it out!
- 2021-02-09 – If you’re looking for an easy to use and setup Retro Gaming operating system, you may want to check out Recalbox. In this video, we’ll set it up on a Raspberry Pi 4, step you through many of the features and we’ll even play a few quick games.
- 2021-01-31 – The NESPi 4 case is an awesome reminder of the classic NES console from years past. The case includes a unique feature that makes it possible to insert a cartridge (SSD) to install your games. But, what about eliminating the need for a microSD all together, can we boot RetroPie and with our games from a single SSD? Well, this page and associated video will help you do just that!
- 2021-1-25 – Today the Wagner’s TechTalk channel reached a big milestone and it’s all because of your support –10k subscribers! When this channel was started in March of 2018, the goal was simple: To create content on subjects you love. Today, you’ve shown the channel some love and I greatly appreciate your support and encouragement.
- 2021-1-22 – Move over Red-5, there’s a new pilot joining the rebellion with his new GRS Flight Yoke and OpenCADE!
- 2021-1-17 – Added the start to the RG351(M/P) page here.
- 2021-1-13 – It’s been some time since my last review of a new Anbernic RG device. Today I’m please to review the latest release in the RG family – the RG351M! I hope you enjoy this first look, you can find it here.
- 2021-1-9 – Let’s Party like it’s 1979, with the Asteroids Replicade by New Wave Toys! Check it out here.
- 2021-1-8 – The mail carriers have been gracious to me today. In one day, received two items that I just can’t wait to share with you on the channel! Stay tuned…
- 2021-1-8 – CanaKit has released their latest product, the CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Extreme Kit – Aluminum Edition (8GB). In this video, we’ll unbox it, set it up and run some cooling tests. Check it out here.
- 2021-1-4 – I’ve updated the Glen’s Retro Show OpenCADE page with more information, assembly instructions, etc. to support the new GRS Flight Yoke. You can jump directly to that location here.
- 2021-1-4 – I hope everyone’s New Year is off to a great start! Lots of interesting tech coming to you soon. Over the next few weeks we’ll be discussing some new how-to’s, product reviews and even a new 3D Printed design (check it out here a little early)