We have a lot of ideas for projects in 2020-2021. Here are a few short-term ideas, feel free to comment on our Facebook page if you’d like to see any of these or something else:
- Raspberry Pi 4, 400 and deep-dive videos of related operating systems, platforms and software. I have a number of ideas on how to utilize this more powerful SBC (single board computer) in new and exciting ways. Some are project-related others are tutorial oriented.
- We have a new exciting project now available for download/3D Printing called OpenCADE! It is a fully self-contained RPi Arcade Console which provides the ability to add several Arcade controllers, trackballs, spinners, etc. to your HDMI TV. We’ve recently been working with Glen’s Retro Show to release a control panel for his Trackball+Spinner as well as his new Tron Stick! We also have some more ideas we plan to explore on this project. Check out what we’ve done so far here. More add-on’s are planned in 2020!
- More RetroComputing / TI-99/4A content! We have acquired some new products which are waiting on me to review. In 2019, we’ve already reviewed quite a few cool new products. Check out our reviews of Dragon’s Lair and Stuart’s Browser with TIPI support! But we have some new carts that are awaiting a proper review by a very talented developer. More coming!
- Design and Build a bi-ped Robot – we want this fellow to do our dishes for us. Sure, that’s a little too optimistic for the short term but an ultimate goal once we build the hardware and software to support it. Hoping to start this project around mid-end of this year and release some update videos as we progress. We’ll start with just the legs and the waist section to get it walking. Then, expand from there. It will be a completely custom build/design. We’ll start with a small-scale version, and build up from there as we work on the software.
- Learn to weld – need to prepare for a super-cool project for the longer term 2021+. Details on that much later on. Hint: It involves flying.