We have a lot of ideas for projects this year. Here are a few short-term ideas, feel free to comment on our Facebook page if you’d like to see any of these or something else:
- More Virtual Reality / Oculus Quest content covering all aspects of this exciting technology, including: Reviews, side-loading, accessories and more. We’ve got a decent start to this, check it out here.
- Raspberry Pi 4 review and deep-dive. I have one Pi 4 and another one the way. More details coming soon.
- I’ve found my new favorite place to shop, it’s a liquidation store not far from me that receives A LOT of Amazon items. In recent weeks I’ve acquired a bunch of stuff to review and I seem to pick up more every few weeks. Plenty of stuff coming to TechTalk about! Here is one example.
- We have a new exciting project now available for download/3D Printing called OpenCADE! It is a fully self-contained RPi Arcade Console which provides the ability to add several Arcade controllers, trackballs, spinners, etc. to your HDMI TV. We’ve recently been working with Glen’s Retro Show to release a control panel for his Trackball+Spinner! We also have some more ideas we plan to explore on this project.
- More RetroComputing / TI-99/4A content! We have acquired some new products which are waiting on me to review. This year, we’ve already reviewed quite a few cool new products. Check out our reviews of Dragon’s Lair and Stuart’s Browser with TIPI support!
- Here at Wagner’s TechTalk, we’ve messed around with 3D scanning (not just printing). We are looking into 2019 to release a video on how to do this as well.
- Design and Build a bi-ped Robot – we want this fellow to do our dishes for us. Sure, that’s a little too optimistic for the short term but an ultimate goal once we build the hardware to support it. Hoping to start this project around mid-end of this year and release some update videos as we progress. We’ll start with just the legs and the waist section to get it walking. Then, expand from there. It will be a completely custom build/design.
- Learn to weld – need to prepare for a super-cool project for the longer term 2021+. Details on that much later on. Hint: It involves flying.
Want to help us with new content?
It’s very expensive to purchase new products for review, Retro content as well. We enjoy them both and make every attempt to balance modern and retro tech into our productions. If you have any obsolete equipment that you wish to donate to our channel for a future review, we would be very interested in hearing from you. A few things we are on the lookout for :
- Commodore (64, Amiga, PET, etc.)
- Anything TI-99/4A related
- Old IBM Desktop/Laptops (80’s to early 90)
- Any unusual or hard to find tech
- Software for any of the above
Feel free to reach out to us at wagnerstechtalk [at] gmail.com if there is anything you want to donate for review. Un-boxing and content may be held until we have enough material to create a single video. Our preference is to receive working items, but minor repairs are not outside our abilities either.