This is where you’ll find the latest information about what is coming to the channel. There are hints on upcoming videos, guides or important milestones. SocialBlade stats can be found here. Thank you for checking out the latest updates!
- 2022-12-27 – I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas! Going to be a bit slow-going here for a few weeks, son and his buddy were in a car accident. Everyone is ok but YT is taking a backseat until we get things back to normality.
- 2022-12-25 – I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Enjoy this very special time of year with your loved ones, stay safe and I’ll be talking to you soon.
- 2022-12-23 – The new VIBS for the AtGames Legends Pinball Micro should be arriving to customers very soon. This highly anticipated board allows you to utilize the backglass on the Legends Pinball Micro with a PC or Steam Deck. To assist on how-to install and setup the new VIBS board, please check out the video and guide here.
- 2022-12-21 – The new AtGames Legends Pinball Micro VIBS (Video Input Backbox Switchboard) is going to be shipping to everyone very soon. To help new owners with the installation, please see the updated section in the Legends Pinball Micro Guide. A full installation and demonstration video is forthcoming.
- 2022-12-20 – Thank goodness for my NAS, the server saved the day! Back up and running and while at it, performed an upgrade to Windows 11. My laptop is back and running better than before the crash. Actually, it wasn’t a hardware issue but a failed Windows 10 update that was unrecoverable. But, had a solid backup and some fixes to get around it before updating to Win11.
- 2022-12-19 – Great, my laptop crashed – badly. Thank goodness for backups. I’ll be back soon.
- 2022-12-17 – Amazon Astro is one of the first fully autonomous robots for the home. It can easily navigate your home, avoid obstacles, provides telepresence and can even charge itself! Learn more about Astro on the new Astro Guide and Companion Video.
- 2022-12-15 – AtGames will be releasing the new Dr. Seuss Pack #1 on Dec. 19th (LPO Members) and general availability on Dec. 20th. The pack includes the following tables: The CAT in the HAT, Fox in Socks and How the Grinch Stole Christmas! All of these tables are so much fun, see this video for game play demonstration.
- 2022-12-14 – (evening update) My buddy Jon (yep, even spells his name the same as I do) over at GenXGrownUp opened up a package I sent to him! It was something I knew he didn’t have already and also knew he wanted. I’ve been a subscriber of his channel for several years (highly recommend it) and wanted to do something completely random to say thank you for his great content. Check it out here!
- 2022-12-14 – (early morning update) Many more sections have been completed and added to the Amazon Astro guide. The version found here is now what I would consider v1.0. There are a few new things that will be added to the guide later today (after testing), but it’s coming along well. The companion video is also progressing well and should be completed by the end of this week. I also recently received some interesting items from AtGames. Not sure, at this point, which will come first. Though, planning to have two videos released this week. If all goes according to plan.
- 2022-12-12 – A very early and incomplete version of the Amazon Astro guide may be found here. There is much more content to be added, which will be done over the course of the next few days. I’ve tested most all of it’s main features, but there are a few I need to become better acquainted with. At this point, please consider this guide should as an “Alpha” preview. I’ll update in a later post as more sections are fully documented.
- 2022-12-11 – I’ve always wanted to have a robot for the home, I’ve even gone to the effort of creating my own with my son. However, Amazon is slowly shipping their home robot -Astro! I was able to acquire one and will be working on a new guide and video to support it. If you’d like to catch a quick look at it, check out this YT short video.
- 2022-12-10 – Several irons are in the fire. A new guide for a new product has been started. Very little content exists on this new guide, at this point, but content will be added rapidly. There will be a video companion for it as well. I currently have 3 videos at various stages of completion, new products that have just arrived and a long backlog of ideas to work through once those are completed (how-to content). The video for this coming week will likely be released later in the week. I’ll be focusing on what’s arriving today, it’s just too darn cool and unusual not to bring it forward.
- 2022-12-07 – Recently received a very cool Raspberry Pi 4 case for review. It has internal LED’s that can change/fade colors, an impressive cooling system and supports an M.2 SSD. This will be coming to the channel once I learn more about it. Of course, the assembly is already done but that’s only the start of the fun!
- 2022-12-06 – Lots of great AtGames sales, news, events and updates on the AtGames Legends News page here.
- 2022-12-04 – The Divoom Pixoo-64 is a 10.3″ 64×64 LED frame with WiFi connectivity! Using the Divoom application, you can download from a large community-developed library of pixel art, install clocks for holidays, sporting events or social media statistics and much more. Check out the Pixoo 64 here.
- 2022-12-01 – I know some are going to think I’m nuts for doing this, but ordered the most expensive item I’ve ever purchased for the channel (>$1k). I signed up for it as soon as a reservation link was available and received my notification yesterday to order. It’s a commercial product that’s new and unlike any tech I’ve ever shown on the channel. Well, that I didn’t have to assemble or build myself that is. Should arrive at the studio Dec. 12th if all goes well. It will all be revealed in Dec., so stay tuned to see if I’m nuts, on to something or return it.
- 2022-11-28 – I will be giving away x2 GRS Build-A-Cades on Dec. 2nd at 7pm (US Central) on my YouTube channel. More details may be found here. Good Luck!
- 2022-11-28 – The website migration has been completed. New and updated content will resume as normal from this point forward.
- 2022-11-21 – I’m planning to update the website tomorrow (11/22). Hoping there will be little-no downtime. However, if there is, I’ll have it back up as soon as I can. The update will provide improved security, monitoring, backups and performance.
- 2022-11-21 – The EmuDeck team has released a new version 2.0 which makes setting up Emulators on your Steam Deck even easier! Check out the updated video and guide here.
- 2022-11-19 – The next video and guide is progressing well. I’m hoping to have both released before the Thanksgiving Holiday. I also will be upgrading my hosting platform this week, wish me luck. It will provide improved security, monitoring, backups and performance. Hope there won’t be any (or much) downtime but we’ll just have to see how it goes. If the site goes down for some period of time, just know I’ll get it back up as soon as I can.
- 2022-11-15 – AtGames has now released 4 new Arcade/Console Game Packs! More details and links to each pack may be found here.
- 2022-11-14 – The nreal Air Augmented Reality (AR) glasses are an excellent companion for the Steam Deck, check out the new guide and video here. The glasses project a 130″ virtual display when used with the Steam Deck allowing you to essentially bring a large-screen TV with you, wherever you go!
- 2022-11-12 – Well crap, I’m in the middle of the nreal Air glasses video and have a bad sore throat and have lost my voice. Perfect timing to get sick lol. Guess I’ll be working on completing the guide for it first 🙂
- 2022-11-12 – As mentioned previously, the next video+guide is coming along nicely. There are a few segments remaining to be recorded, a few sections left to document in the guide and a little bit more testing of the nreal Air glasses. It’s taking a bit longer because I’m actively soliciting feedback from the nreal community. They have raised some important requests and I’ll do my best to deliver on most of them. It will only help the resulting guide and video to be more complete.
- 2022-11-10 – The next video and guide is progressing well. In the image below, you’re seeing a game being projected from the Steam Deck into thin air. Well, not exactly. I’m wearing the nreal Air glasses connected to the Steam Deck with a small camera recording the game. The glasses aren’t cheap and not for everyone –but pretty darn cool! It basically projects a 130″ display in front of you. The video and guide is taking a little longer than most. I had to design a totally new way of capturing video and it wasn’t easy. Imagine trying to put a small camera between a pair of glasses and your eyeball and capture what you’re seeing. That’s what was needed here. Sure, I could have not spent the time to show you actual footage and mocked it within my video editor but what’s the fun in that! In this upcoming video, you’ll see some actual game-play while I’m wearing the nreal glasses. There will also be some other exciting how-to information in both the video and guide. I have to save some surprises for the video -Stay tuned!
- 2022-11-06 – Added a few internal images of the new Legends Pinball Micro, for those who are curious. You can find them on the ALP Micro guide. More will be added later.
- 2022-11-04 – The Official Steam Deck video and details of my testing results may be found here. In this section, we’ll also take a look at two other alternatives, one which outperformed the Official Steam Deck dock in all tests.
- 2022-11-03 – Valve is currently shipping the Official Steam Deck Docking Station for their popular Steam Deck. I picked one up for review and will be the focus of an upcoming video. However, I wanted to share some of those results a little early. I’ve updated the Steam Deck Guide to include some of those results which you can find here. A detailed video will be released soon that goes into more detail about the testing performed. You may be surprised by the results.
- 2022-11-01 – Hard to believe it’s November already, this year is flying by. Next video is well underway, getting back to some more Steam Deck coverage that I’ve not had the time to focus on. Existing guides will see some updates and new companion videos to support them are coming. I have received a few additional new products to show and will work them into content already planned. Looking forward to the next two months, it’s going to be an exciting conclusion for the year!
- 2022-10-27 – After a year wait, the Missile Command X Replicade is finally here! Let’s check it out.
- 2022-10-27 – AtGames has released Firmware v5.68 for all your Legends devices. This is a significant upgrade as there are features added that allow CoinOpsX to work offline (no need to login/network connection), QuadPlay support, UI fixes and more. Details may be found here.
- 2022-10-25 – Lots of new AtGames news and updates may be found here. New contests with some awesome prizes, updates on the QuadPlay, ALP Micro & 5.68 firmware update.
- 2022-10-23 – AtGames has created an impressive 4-player Arcade Control Panel called the Legends QuadPlay! This accessory, for your Legends Ultimate 1.1/1.2 cabinet (or other Legends devices), will allow simultaneous 4 player arcade gaming. The new guide and video may be found here, let’s check it out!
- 2022-10-22 – The QuadPlay video will be released very soon, likely on Sunday. A guide has been developed and may be found here for anyone who wants to check it out before the official release.
- 2022-10-19 – MichaelBtheGameGenie is having an awesome contest with $1000 in prizes. You can check out how to enter his contest here.
- 2022-10-18 – It’s new, it’s smaller, it’s the Legends Pinball Micro! I’ve been testing this new machine for several days now and I ♥ it. It’s smaller than the Legends Pinball machine but has all of the same features and capabilities of it’s larger sibling. Video and Companion guide may be found here.
- 2022-10-16 – AtGames has provided a pretty impressive new product for review and guide development! I’ve been working with it for several days now. There will be a new guide and video very soon. I’m hoping to complete it by Wed. of this week. Stay tuned, it’s not what you might think! OK, here’s a really big hint… What is it? Stay tuned…
- 2022-10-11 – Glen Planamento in cooperation with Arcade Workshop has announced an amazing new product called Build-A-Cade! This mini arcade is a MultiCade allowing you to install your own arcade games on the machine. Check out the video and guide here. I absolutely love this device, it’s my favorite new toy!
- 2022-10-09 – The QuadPlay video was slated to be released this week, unfortunately it’s going to be slightly delayed. I want to show a few things in the video that just aren’t ready yet for me to show. Instead, I’ve shifted over to a cool new product that, if you love arcade gaming, you’re going to really enjoy -I sure am! It’s multi-cade related and affordable. Hoping to complete the video this week, as well as the QuadPlay review which is about 80% done (assuming the features I’m wanting to show are available). Should be a busy week. After that, there is a long backlog of products, new ones arriving and tutorials to complete.
- 2022-10-07 – AtGames is having an October sale on both their E-Store and Amazon starting Oct. 11th. More details may be found on the AtGames News Page.
- 2022-10-06 – The QuadPlay video and a new guide for it are further along since my last post. I’ve added information on installing the (optional) trackball and much more. However, awaiting an updated firmware drop to test all the functionality that will be expected by customers (a few minor things are missing for me to test). The video will be released shortly after this has occurred. It’s always more important to provide you with quality/relevant material as opposed to just pushing it out before it’s fully baked.
- 2022-10-03 – Just got back from an awesome vacation with my son to Gulf Shores, AL. We went fishing, jet skiing, hang’n out at the beach… but, time to do some Tube’n. Yep, YouTube’n 🙂 Lots of stuff waiting on me to complete and some exciting surprises have arrived or supposedly arriving later today. Going to be a fun October!
- 2022-09-30 – Quick update, headed out of town on that vacation I mentioned in my previous post. Full video review of the QuadPlay is about 50% complete. My plan is to complete it immediately after returning from vacation for posting the first week of Oct. I’ve also loaded my Steam Deck with something new to test out during vacation. What was installed will be part of an upcoming guide and video. Everyone have a great weekend, I’ll be back soon!
- 2022-09-28 – I’ll be taking a brief vacation with my son soon for his fall-break from school. It will be a little quiet here during that time. But plenty to complete upon my return. I hope everyone has a great week!
- 2022-09-25 – Yesterday the new AtGames Legends QuadPlay arrived! This cool new control panel allows simultaneous 4-player gaming on the Legends Ultimate. I’m a big fan of trackball games, so also installed one into the QuadPlay. Here’s a short video of it.
- 2022-09-24 – The PiCrawler is an impressive quadruped Robot by SunFounder. In this video, we’ll unbox, assemble and run through several examples to demonstrate what you can do with this kit.
- 2022-09-20 – The next video is well underway, editing is going well and a large portion is done. There are some additional segments to record, voice overs and more but moving along nicely. It normally would have been done by now, but working long hours in my day job. Also expect a surprise new product to appear on the channel soon, more Steam Deck content coming here and much more fun stuff to show you.
- 2022-09-16 – Received an item I ordered earlier in the week to see if I can take the USB stick out of the BitLCD and connect it externally. This worked out very well, here’s a short video demonstrating.
The idea from my prior post, unfortunately didn’t quite work out. Not going to give up on the concept, but the performance with the Steam Deck+Oculus Quest 2 wasn’t at a level that was worth showing. I’ll continue trying other things and if I can get it working well, I’ll show it off.
- 2022-09-14 – Should have a new microSD card arriving later today that will allow testing something I’ve been wanting to try on the Steam Deck for the past week. It may or may not work out, if it does you’ll hear more about it soon. I’ll likely create a guide as well, if the tests prove successful and think you’ll enjoy it. We shall see…
- 2022-09-12 – New Legends Gaming guide may be found here. This guide has been developed to maintain consistency across all guides and eliminate duplication. It will be rolled out to other Legends guides soon.
- 2022-09-10 – I’ve had the pleasure to spend a week with the Legends BitLCD Arcade Marquee and happy to show it to you in more detail. A new video to demonstrate the unboxing, installation and features of the BitLCD may be found here. For a detailed guide of everything I know about it, please visit the Legends BitLCD Guide page.
- 2022-09-08 – A guide has been created to support the new AtGames Legends BitLCD. This new guide covers the installation, setup and much more. The guide may be found here. In addition, a companion video to for the BitLCD guide is well underway and hoping to release it this weekend.
Also in the planning stages for the next Steam Deck video and have started on a tutorial for a very cool little Raspberry Pi 4 robot called the PiCrawler. Might have one more AtGames tutorial as well later this month. One thing is for sure, there’s just not enough time in the evenings to get everything done 🙂
- 2022-09-05 – The Legends BitLCD has arrived and has been installed in my ALU 1.1 cabinet. You can find a short video of it here. It looks amazing, very impressed! Before the BitLCD arrived, I had been working on a new guide to consolidate some duplication across many of the AtGames Legends guides. The new guide may be found here and will be rolled-out to all of the guides over the next week or two. I wanted an easily maintainable method of keeping the pinball tables and upcoming arcade game packs centralized to keep everything consistent and up-to-date.
- 2022-09-04 – So a lot has happened since my last post. I returned to working on a project from a little over a month ago, a very cool Pi4-based robot. Got it all setup, I can SSH into it and make it do all kinds of things but ran into a few minor website-related issue that have held me back (temporarily). On 9/3 (Sat.), I received a cool new accessory for the Legends Ultimate. I can’t go into too much detail just yet, but I’ve got it installed, worked on some customized artwork and animations for it and it’s pretty awesome! I’ll have a video on it soon. Then, I found out later in the day that my wife found another package that came in from Bangood. In that package is a new Win600 to review! I’ve not broken the seal yet. So yes, lots of cool new stuff coming. Hope you’re enjoying the content and again I’d like to thank you for subscribing to the channel. We have a lot to talk about this month and September is starting off pretty awesome!
- 2022-09-01 – I’m humbled with all the support as the Wagner’s TechTalk YouTube channel has now reached 20,000 subscribers!! I greatly appreciate all of your support, comments and encouragement to continue this fun and exciting hobby!
- 2022-08-31 – AtGames has announced 4 NEW Natural History Pinball tables that will be available 9/1 (for ALU 1.0/LPO owners) and 9/2 for everyone else. These tables are a lot of fun and I’m happy to be able to provide Game Play of those tables on the channel. Check them out here!
- 2022-08-29 – Hoping that the next video you see on the channel is about some awesome new Pinball Tables available for the AtGames Legends Pinball machine. Not sure if it will be next or not, so stay tuned!
- 2022-08-28 – In this video, we’ll check out 12 Accessories for the Steam Deck that I think you’ll love! I purchased a number of accessories, not all of which made it to this video. I hope you find it helpful!
- 2022-08-25 – As mentioned previously, one of my kids is having major surgery. I won’t be answering questions (or much less frequently) nor updating the site for at least a few days while taking care of her. Thank you for your understanding.
- 2022-08-24 – AtGames has announced their National Owners Day Sale (NOD-A). You can find the full details on the AtGames News Page. Including NEW Pinball tables that will be available during the sale!
- 2022-08-23 – One of my children will be having major surgery this week. As a result, there may not be a video available until next. Work has started on the next project and I appreciate your understanding and support. Next video will be Steam Deck-related, then on to a cool new Raspberry Pi Robot that I can’t wait to fully explore and demonstrate. That’s just for the next couple weeks, planning more content on some new obscure handheld that some may consider a Steam Deck Lite? Don’t know, it’s on a boat about now… but we’ll see once it arrives.
- 2022-08-22 – Finally found a drawer to hold the Steam Deck under the ALP. I’ve updated the guide if you’d like to check it out. Here’s a YouTube Short video that demonstrates.
- 2022-08-21 – I’m totally reviewing this device once I receive it. Not only would I love to have a machine keeping my next drink chilled, but I love the additional features that it provides. More at some time in the future here at WTT!
- 2022-08-18 – In this video, we’ll check out the new CrowPi L Raspberry Pi Laptop. We’ll unbox it, set it up and check out all the interesting features as well as the Crowtail accessory for electronics experimentation and programming.
- 2022-08-14 – The next video is well into production. This project is going to be a lot of fun and demonstrate a new Raspberry Pi accessory that I think you’re going to love. I do enjoy switching things up a little bit, so we’re going to take a brief intermission from the Steam Deck (in terms of videos) while in the process I build up some new content for the Steam Deck Guide that many have asked about.
- 2022-08-09 – AtGames has announced 7 new Dr. Seuss themed Pinball Tables coming to the Legends Arcade family of products. You can read more about it here.
- 2022-08-08 – In this video, we’ll use the Steam Deck to power an AtGames Legends Pinball machine over OTG! We’ll check out Pinball FX3, Future Pinball and VPX tables all running from the Steam Deck. Full Guide and video, check it out here!
- 2022-08-06 – The next video is well underway. The guide has been completed and the companion video is being edited and should drop early in the week ahead. This video required a lot of testing, documentation and setup. Innovation takes a little extra time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am putting it together for you!
- 2022-08-04 – I don’t think I can be more excited about the upcoming video! It will be Steam Deck-related, but it will be showing how to do something that I’ve never seen/heard being done on this device. Much of what I’ve shown in the past month was leading up to this point. Tonight, I proved it works and even better than I thought it would. There is one additional component to test, one more shipment to receive and I’ll have a new guide+video to demonstrate how you can do the same. There were some tweaks needed, I’ll share all of this with you. This will literally be a game changer!
- 2022-08-03 – Started a new guide that I’m excited about and hope you will be too! It will combine two of my favorite machines into something pretty amazing and solves another problem for some. The guide has been started, just awaiting one key component I ordered to arrive tomorrow to fully test this new concept. As far as I know, no-one has attempted what is about to happen!
- 2022-07-30 – EmuDeck is an impressive tool for setting up emulators on the Steam Deck. It configures the emulators, aspect ratios, game controls and more –automagicaly! If you’re wanting to play your favorite games on the Steam Deck, check out the video and the guide here.
- 2022-07-29 – The next video is nearly complete, I had planned on releasing it today but unfortunately my work-life balance is well… a little off balance. Lots of work going into new guide development and other typical life events put me behind on video creation. It will be released very soon and I appreciate your patience.
- 2022-07-26 – If you’ve installed EmuDeck on your Steam Deck and the Wii U games aren’t working for you (they didn’t for me initially either), I found a solution that I’ve not seen documented anywhere. You can check it out here.
- 2022-07-24 – To further enhance the Steam Deck Guide, a new guide has been developed for installing and setting up EmuDeck on the Steam Deck.
- 2022-07-19 – Today I’m happy to reveal a guide that I’ve been working on for nearly a month, the Steam Deck Guide. There are currently two videos on the guide, the most recent is Steam Deck Windows Install to a microSD with Full Driver Support! I hope you find the guide and related videos helpful, there is much more content coming – very soon!
- 2022-07-19 – Over the past several weeks I’ve been building up a guide for the Steam Deck. The official launch will be mentioned in the next video on 7/20. If you’d like to check out the Steam Deck guide early, you can find it here.
- 2022-07-11 – The JMachen Hyper Base RB2 is an external 2TB hard drive that you can connect to a PC and easily begin playing Retro Games! There are 105 emulators and 100k games available on the drive. You can find the review here.
Amazon Prime Day will be here starting July 12-13th. I plan on adding any great deals that are found here.
- 2022-07-10 – All set for a video release tomorrow morning.
- 2022-07-09 – I’ve started on a massive new guide, so much is going into this one. Lately I’ve been spending more time building up this guide for release and less time working on videos. I typically try to balance the two. I’m likely 2-3 videos away from the new guide being released and it will have to do with (Retro) Gaming. I can’t reveal much about it, want it to be a total surprise.
Two new Raspberry Pi products have come in and will be reviewed soon. Both appear to be amazing devices, but will take some time to be able to show off what they can do. Hoping to complete 2 videos within the month of July, a 3rd is possible but really pushing it with everything going on. Then, there is a new giveaway to prepare for in August (here’s a hint) 🙂 The next 1-2 months are going to expand out of familiar territory a bit, but will be worth it with some content I truly hope you enjoy!
- 2022-07-04 – The Legends BitPixel looks great on the Legends Ultimate, however when you power-off the ALU, the BitPixel doesn’t turn off with the machine. With the new Legends BitPixel Accessory (or LBPA), the BitPixel can be internalized to turn on/off when you press the power button on the ALU (v1.1). You no longer need an external manual power switch, voice-controlled Wi-Fi adapter, etc. It can all be done with the LBPA! Check out the installation and review video here.
- 2022-06-29 – The Steam Deck has arrived! We’ll connect it to a Docking Station option that provides x2 HDMI connections, USB ports, ability to charge while docked and SD/microSD for storage expansion. Let’s talk about it!
- 2022-06-22 – Received an amazing new handheld device and learning the ins and outs of it. During that journey, there were a few obstacles to overcome which will be the focus of the next video. One that should be helpful to many that own this device.
- 2022-06-21 – New Wave Toys continues to impress by releasing the 1982 Gottlieb classic, Q*bert in a 1:6th scale arcade cabinet! This machine plays the original arcade rom as well as the previously unreleased sequel, Faster Harder More Challenging Q*bert. Check out the full review here!
- 2022-06-18 – A number of videos in the works, but the voice-overs had to take a backseat. Managed to acquire bronchitis for well over a week now. While I love hacking stuff, I prefer not to do that in your ear in a video. Hope you understand and have some very cool stuff in store, hopefully very soon! A few projects in-process, in no particular order …
- 2022-06-13 – A new firmware update for the AtGames Legends Core Max (ALCM) will be dropping some point soon. For more information on what is included in this update, please see here.
- 2022-06-12 – So, I started a thing this weekend. I love trying out unique tech that it appears few have covered on YouTube in-detail. The capabilities of this device seem very impressive and it’s developed by one of my favorite Raspberry Pi accessory companies, SunFounder. Once completed, this crawling robot can be controlled from a cellphone, has a camera or it can operate autonomously using its ultrasonic sensor. Fully programmable/customizable and a great platform for learning robotics, OpenCV, TensorFlow and Deep Learning (or so it claims). Jumping in head-first 🙂 May have a follow-up surprise about this kit too – stay tuned to the channel!
- 2022-06-09 – In this video, we will upgrade the AtGames Legends Pinball machine with the new BuyStuffArcades ALP Deluxe Haptics Upgrade Kit! This kit greatly improves the haptics and immersive Virtual Pinball experience on the ALP. The written companion guide may be found here.
- 2022-06-04 – A new guide is complete and the video is as well. I’m so excited to be releasing it this Thursday! I will show you a new haptics upgrade kit for the Legends Pinball and has been weeks in the making. Stay tuned!
- 2022-06-03 – The side art for the AtGames Legends Ultimate Arcade cabinet is swappable with different designs. In this video, we’ll swap it out with the Space Invaders artwork and check it out!
- 2022-06-02 – Added the Legends Ultimate Side Art kits to the Legends Ultimate guide (video tomorrow). Added the Summer Sale event news for June 2022 here.
- 2022-05-31 – I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend! I spent quite a bit of time working on an upcoming video and guide for the Legends Pinball. It has to do with improving the ALP haptics, which has been something that I’ve been asked about a number of times but, until recently, hadn’t investigated. I’ll have the video completed soon and hope it helps a lot of people who are wanting it. The guide, which is mostly complete, may be released a few days prior to the video. Just a heads-up (check back here for updates/release).
- 2022-05-27 – If you have considered adding an inexpensive 7″ Touch Screen to your Raspberry Pi, you may want to check out this video. The kit from SunFounder includes the Touch Screen, adapters and mounts for an SSD drive, Pi Camera and Pi Power options. It also allows access to the GPIO ports, x3 USB ports and can even be used with a PC.
- 2022-05-25 – Received an impressive product for the Raspberry Pi 4 from SunFounder a few weeks ago. It is a Raspberry Pi 7 Inch Touchscreen 1024X600 IPS Display case which is modular. It uses a clear acrylic panel on the back which allows mounting an SSD, PiPower (more on that in the video) and Pi camera. The Touch screen works well and plan to wrap up this review by Sunday. I’m awaiting the PiPower module to arrive and demonstrate this option which makes the solution portable.
- 2022-05-21 – A few days ago, AtGames announced the Legends Pinball Micro. It is a smaller version of their popular Legends Pinball. For more information on this upcoming product, please see here.
- 2022-05-18 – The RG503 is the latest device from Anbernic. It features an OLED display, includes 2.4/5Ghz WiFi and a new shell design. Check out the review video here.
- 2022-05-17 – Last night I resumed work on the next video review, the new Anbernic RG503 Retro Gaming handheld! It will be the next video released later this week. No spoilers 🙂
- 2022-05-16 – Legends Pinball kit was installed this weekend, it’s quite impressive! I’ll have much more to share about it in the coming week or two. A few things to work out, test and document but so far so good. You may have noticed, there wasn’t a YouTube video last week. There were actually 4 videos edited and published to Amazon for various AtGames products (ALU, ALP, Gamer Pro & Mini). I wanted to get some videos edited and available on that platform based on the news reported last month here. There are more to edit/add, however this weeks focus will be a new guide and a new YouTube video.
- 2022-05-13 – Received a new kit for the Legends Pinball and a new handheld for review. Planning to work some this weekend on the putting the Legends Pinball kit together and create a guide to help others do the same. The handheld review has started, not sure which video will come first but we’ll have to see. Both arrived the same day. The pinball kit is something I’ve been asked about quite a bit, so thinking it may be next. Stay tuned!
- 2022-05-07 – Looking for an easy way to play all your favorite retro games on your existing PC or Laptop? The RetroStation PC4U external 2TB hard drive may be worth a look. Everything is pre-configured and ready to go and setup literally takes less than a minute. Check out the video here for more information and demonstrations of the many included systems and games.
- 2022-04-29 – New Wave Toys has done it again by releasing two awesome new products, the M90 Mini & Micro Blaster Boomboxes! Check out the full review here.
- 2022-04-27 – Yesterday there was an unannounced upgrade to the platform hosting my site. During that time, there were errors being reported. The hosting provider resolved the issues fairly quickly, I apologize for any difficulty reach this site during that time but we should be in good shape now.
- 2022-04-25 – Lots of new things coming to the channel. I’ve received a few new products from New Age Toys, an accessory for the AtGames Legends Ultimate and a hard drive packed with classic games for review. In addition, new handheld(s), Retro Consoles and a mod kit for the Legends Pinball will be coming soon. A few additional mods may be coming, if they work out. So much to do and not enough time, but I’ll get there. Thank you for watching the channel, your support is always appreciated!
- 2022-04-23 – If you’re wanting to setup a Home Arcade, you have a lot of options. In this video, we’ll discuss all of the AtGames Legends products. Including the Core, Gamer, Ultimate and Pinball machines.
- 2022-04-15 – The AtGames Legends Gamer Pro includes 150 built-in Arcade and Console games, stream games from ArcadeNet, play Virtual Pinball or add CoinOps X to play thousands of classic Arcade Games. It also includes a trackball and can be found on some sites for $100. Let’s talk about it!
- 2022-04-07 – The Raspberry Pi foundation has released a new Network Install bootloader for the Raspberry Pi 4 and Pi 400 (See video here). After imaging the new bootloader, you will then be able to install an operating system to the Pi directly from the Pi itself -downloading the image via the internet! No PC/Computer is needed.
- 2022-04-01 – Let’s check out the new AtGames Legends Core MAX. This device includes a more powerful processor than the one included with the Legends Core, includes 100 built-in games, can be expanded with thousands more and plays Pinball tables at 1080p/60fps.
- 2022-03-26 – I’m pleased to announce that Dan from Texas is the confirmed winner of the Legends Gamer Mini. The Gamer Mini was shipped to him today and he should have it on Tuesday. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Giveaway, I enjoyed reading all your comments! Hoping to have another soon.
- 2022-03-25 – Working on reviews for two new retro gaming consoles. Both will be shown on the channel as soon as they are ready. Exciting stuff, some elements I know haven’t been shown anywhere else. Also, working on two new guides, one for one of the aforementioned gaming consoles, the other for something completely different and useful to anyone (and not gaming related). Lots of work involved in preparing for their release and making sure that they are informative, helpful and engaging.
This evening, I’ll be giving away an AtGames Legends Gamer Mini to ONE lucky viewer. If you haven’t entered the giveaway yet, time is running out (less than 24hrs at the time of this writing). Please see this (super-easy to enter). Your chances of winning are pretty good! But after 7pm (central time), it’s GAME OVER.
- 2022-03-19 – Having a giveaway for an AtGames Legends Gamer Mini! Check out the details in the video here.
- 2022-03-18 – The RetroPie team has released RetroPie 4.8. In this video, we’ll step through how to set it up, copy your games and get up and running quickly.
- 2022-03-14 – Video lineup for this week has changed due to some interesting new stuff just released today (and I’ve been waiting on nearly 1.5 years). Production of this new video starts tonight and should be released later this week. You’ll not want to miss it!
- 2022-03-12 – Added printable CoinOpsX Reference cards that you can cut out and place near your machine for a handy reference. You can find them here (PDF).
- 2022-03-09 – In this video, we’ll check out the new DeskPi Lite case for the Raspberry Pi 4. This impressive case includes: x2 front-facing USB 2.0 ports, microSD slot and power button. It also has x2 full-size HDMI ports on the back of the case. The internal fan can be controlled in 3 different methods and are discussed in this video.
- 2022-03-05 – In preparation for an upcoming video, I’ve documented how to use Raspberry Pi Imager to write an operating system or existing .img (image file) to a storage device (microSD, SSD, etc.). You can find this new section on the Common Tasks guide here.
- 2022-03-03 – Unlikely there will be a new video this week. Plenty of new content to talk about. With at least 7 major projects in the works/planned. Some videos have been partially edited and others have yet to be started. Last month has seen a series of all-new guides, videos and content that took far more time than normal to create (i.e. AtGames Legends Pinball Modding Series: Season 1 and AtGames CoinOpsX Vertical WOPR/ wCheese ). The amount of work that went into their creation is unsustainable for a part-time situation (too many 2-3 AM nights). It’s time to rest/reset here at the WTT studio. You’ll likely see something new and exciting late next week.
- 2022-03-02 – As we all watch the unjust and evil occupation by Putin, my prayers to all the brave families and people of Ukraine. I have friends there, if you happen to read this, I’m praying that this war will end and Russia will leave your country. You couldn’t ask for a better leader, President Volodymyr Zelensky is amazing and sets an example for all leaders of the free world. We Stand with the Ukraine!
- 2022-02-24 – In this video, I’ll show you how to prepare and setup the new CoinOpsX Vertical WOPR with Cheese build for your AtGames Legends device. This build allows you to play well over 700 vertically-oriented classic arcade games!
- 2022-02-22 – A new Guide has been created to support the AtGames CoinOpsX Vertical (WOPR SaUCE Edition) build which is great for the Legends Pinball, Legends Ultimate Mini (in portrait/vertical orientation), Legends Core/Max. The Guide may be found here: AtGames CoinOpsX Vertical (WOPR SaUCE Edition)
- 2022-02-18 – Glen at Glen’s Retro Show sent some of his recent awesome Arcade controls to try out. These controls are unique in that they allow you to play the classic arcade game Discs of Tron which is extremely difficult to play without the proper controls. Of course, the controls can be used with hundreds, if not thousands of other games as well. In this video, I added the GRS Push-Pull spinner and DOT Flightstick to a 3D printed OpenCADE console to try them out. Video link here.
- 2022-02-11 – A new guide has been created to assist you with modding your AtGames Legends Pinball machine (ALP). This new guide is organized in chapters which step you through getting started, Arcade Gaming and PC-Based Virtual Pinball on the ALP. Check out the AtGames Legends Pinball Modding Series: Season 1 guide,
- 2022-02-05 – After releasing the initial BitPixel HV review video, one question I received often was “Will it work as a real DMD in Pinball FX3?”. The answer, is yes! Video and guide here.
- 2022-01-30 – National Owners Day (NOD) for AtGames products has historically occurred in Feb. and Sept. of each year. 2022 is no exception! NOD provides a great opportunity to purchase the Legends Pinball, Legends Ultimate (+Mini) and other products at discounted prices. New purchases during that time (and thereafter) will carry a 90-day warranty (up from 30-day). Full National Owners Day ( NOD ) 2022 Coverage available on the Wagner’s TechTalk News page here.
- 2022-01-24 – The Common Tasks guide was updated with a section which describes how to use the SD Memory Card formatter here. Had a few viewers that requested how to do this, so added this section.
- 2022-01-23 – In an age of digital downloads, the Evercade Handheld allows playing Retro Games using cartridges! The Evercade is great for retro gaming enthusiasts and collectors in that it provides physical media for the games you want to play. There are 6-20 games per cartridge and there are many collections available with more being released frequently.
- 2022-01-14 – The AtGames Pitpixel HV is a cool accessory for your Legends Pinball machine which allows displaying animated or static artwork while playing games on the machine. It works with both the included pinball tables as well as CoinOpsX.
- 2022-01-11 – I’ve got a number of things on my plate. Up next will be an AtGames product review for something many with an ALP have been looking forward to. Received x2 new Retro Gaming handhelds, 1 very new the other new to me. As mentioned below, Glen at Glen’s Retro Show sent some new Arcade controls so I’ll be getting started on that as soon as I can. There will likely be a guide page developed for the handhelds and GRS products. If you don’t see videos regularly, it usually means I’m working on a new guide (or two or three). Please be patient, lots going on and coming when it’s complete. I try not to rush a project and some will take longer than others.
- 2022-01-09 – Added a new section in the Common Guide on how to use Raspberry Pi Imager to format a device as FAT32. You can find the new section here.
- 2022-01-07 – In this video, we’ll check out the iiRcade v1.0 Home Arcade cabinet with additional information about the upcoming v2.0 model. This machine allows you to play both Retro classics and Modern titles.
- 2022-01-01 – Huge thank you to our buddy Glen! On New Years Eve, I noticed late in the evening a box sitting on my front porch. I opened it up and WOW, it’s full of awesome Glen’s Retro Show (GRS) goodies! His new Trackball, Push-Pull Spinner and new Tron Stick with dual-button action! Check out GRS on YouTube, not only does he make some awesome Arcade products but very informative and entertaining videos! Of course, this will all be coming to the channel too, can’t wait to try them out!
- 2022-01-01 – Happy New Year! Wishing you and yours the best year ever. You may have noticed, you should no longer see “Not secure” in the upper-left of your browser while visiting wagnerstechtalk.com. I’ve updated the site to include an SSL certificate to improve your browsing experience while visiting this site.