Last Update: 3/15/2021
*NOTE – If you comment in the videos with a problem, I’ll do what I can to answer/assist. Liking/subscribing to my YouTube videos/channel helps support future projects (see buttons to the right). Thank you for your support!
The following is a listing of all of the Guides I’ve created thus far. These tutorials provide a more article-based format and many include video guides to compliment what is written. If you have any additional tips or recommendations, please comment in one of the videos.
The following guides will help you to get the most out of your Raspberry Pi. Much of the information here focuses on information for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B owners. Though, some information may be helpful for other Raspberry Pi models also.
- Raspberry Pi 4 Gaming – Information and how-to details on how to setup a Raspberry Pi 4 Retro Gaming system. Including both hardware and software and supporting videos.
- NESPi 4 Case Guide – A cool looking case with in an NES-Style décor that includes the ability to insert a 2.5″ SSD in a cartridge slot. Also mentioned in this guide is where to pickup a replacement cartridge shell, tips and more.
- Argon One Guide – Reference information on how to setup the Argon One case for the Raspberry Pi. Including tips for setting up the case with RetroPie, the new M.2 version and more.
- CrowPi2 – This device is much more than a laptop for your Raspberry Pi 4/3b+, it is a full electronics Laboratory with many sensors and modules to help you learn programming (Python, Scratch, etc.), electronics and STEM/STEAM learning. Development environments and tutorials are pre-installed and ready to take advantage of the development board.
- RetroPie Tips and Resources – Tips that I’ve found very helpful for RetroPie may be found here. Includes detailed instructions and video content.
- Building a Modern Retro Computer (MRC) – Learn how you can build your own Modern Retro Computer or Gaming console here. Also included are ideas on enhancing the project and getting started information.
- Raspberry Pi 4 – Overview and related information on the Raspberry Pi 4. Including alternative builds such as Twister OS and kits that I’ve found helpful.
- Retroflag GPi Case Setup – Detailed instructions on how to setup your Retroflag GPi case. More than one option is provided as well as a troubleshooting section and much more. The feedback we’ve received on this guide has been 100% positive, thus far.
- Open Media Vault 5 (OMV5) Beta – In this tutorial, we’ll setup OpenMediaVault 5 (beta), setup some shares and use RSync to duplicate files from one share to another.
Retro Game Handhelds
The following are pages setup to assist you with links / information on various popular portable Retro Gaming handhelds:
- RG350 Tips – Many tips, tricks and fun ideas for the RG350 and RG350M may be found on this page. Tips such as: Adding additional emulators, HDMI Output patch, Reference and more!
- ODROID-Go Super Guide – Information and tips for the new ODROID-Go Super device.
- RG351M/P Guide – Information to help you get up and running quickly and easily with an RG351 device.
- Retroid Pocket 2 Tips – Tips and information that will be helpful to new Retroid Pocket 2 owners, including: dual-booting between Android / Retroid OS, backing up your microSD and more.
- Powkiddy A12 – Not just tips can be found here, but a working python program that will help you customize your game-list on the PKA12. You are no longer limited to the Chinese game list that ships with the unit, using my code you’ll be able to create your own list and include boxart with a little more effort.
- PocketGo v2 Tips – Helpful information and review of the PocketGo v2 and additional details.
- Maqueen Plus – Interested in robotics but not sure where to start? Here is an awesome platform to quickly and easily learn how to make the Maqueen Plus robot do some pretty cool things! On this page, I’ll show you what you need and provide additional resources to help you get up and running. (*NOTE: This tutorial is currently being developed and not complete)
- GRS (Star Wars) Arcade Flight Yoke – This 3D Printed enclosure will allow you to easily attach your GRS Flight Yoke to your Desk/PC and play all those classic Arcade games that can take advantage of the yoke. Well, not only classics but even the new Star Wars Squadrons!
- Building a Robotron dual-stick Arcade Controller – This tutorial will provide you with guidance and inspiration to create your own Robotron Joystick controller using OpenCADE.
- Setup a Spinner and Trackball – In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to setup a GRS Trackball and Spinner to OpenCADE.
- Installing a Steering Wheel to your GRS Spinner + Trackball Control Panel – in this brief tutorial, we’ll show you what you need to 3D Print the steering wheel for the GRS Spinner.
- GRS Tron Control Panel – Instructions on how to setup the Tron Control Panel with Spinner and Tron Joystick!
- Star Wars Arcade1UP – here we’ll take a detailed look into the Star Wars Arcade1UP including some helpful assembly tips, and much more.
- 2021-03-16 – Updated a few additional guides for Raspberry Pi cases and a few additional handhelds (RG351/OGS).